Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Journey, a Quest

I used to be in love, till death do us part,
You broke your own vows, and ran with my heart.
I tried to distract, the journey, a quest,
I found men, jobs, and money but failed to find rest.

Burned out and exhausted, bad health ensued
while I realized my life, at that moment, was screwed.
Out of money and resource, and a place of my own
humility sprouted within, a plant not full grown.

Others provided that which I could not,
 intense guilt that I felt, burying me in a plot.
I chose not to die, rather I forged right ahead
its been three years now and I am still not dead.

The ocean around me continues to churn
the large waves crash, but the tide does turn.
Loving to live trumps living to love,
peace often comes right after the shove.

New friends I have made have opened my eyes
to the wonders that lay below the blue skies.
Creation around us through people, and song
shows complexity - a human so strong.

I embrace the beauty and say thanks for the day
gratitude is best met with a heart that will stay.
I have found a new love, trustworthy and strong.
He promises not to hurt me and sings a sweet song.

The book that He wrote is well guided and true,
it brings me much comfort, like a good coffee brew.
When I remember the pain and the anguish of past
I know that He was there, and his protection will last.


He lives not on this earth, rather in my strong heart,
the sacrifice He made for me was definitely art.
He won't walk away, His love is so deep
words don't describe the commitment to His sheep.


The future is unclear, and it will surely bring pain,
but the heavy blows and wounds will no longer stain.
The Lord is my shepherd, they often do say,
with my life and my actions I will continue to pray.


<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?...