Monday, July 1, 2013

New Chapters

Wow... well it has been just over a year since I last wrote on this here bloggy thing. 

So lets see... where did we leave off?.. Oh, right, I was just beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as school goes.  I was coming into my senior year at the University of Minnesota, and trying to figure out how I was going to continue tolerating the financial and relational purgatory that I had found myself in.  I was flat broke, working a part time job, convinced that my prince would never come, and unsure of my foreseeable future. 

Since then, life has been crazy busy, and so many things have transpired.  I am now a college graduate, I live in a great townhome in the burbs, have been in recovery for over a year, have a great boyfriend, and a new puppy.  I just traveled to Puerto Vallerta, Mexico, and completed a road trip from Minnesota to Texas and back.  (Insert bucket list... check and check). 

I am miles away from where I was in 2012, and when I look back about 4 years, I feel like a different person.  If I met my present-day self back in June of 2009, I wouldn't even recognize the woman standing before me.  Maybe someday I will write a short story about when 'little-h haley' from 2009, meets 'big-H Haley' from 2013.  Another day.

Currently I am working on a book, well, I am researching a subject so that I can write a book.  I am excited to share it with you, though I don't think it will be a rapid process.  Now that I am a college graduate, I can read and write... well, I always knew how to do these; the difference is that now I can read for pleasure and write about things that I care about rather than reading about microtubules and writing about Festinger's social comparison theory as it pertains to youth in a technologically driven culture.  Though those things are interesting as well.

So here is to a new adventure...

Until next time, be blessed, be loved, and believe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?...