Friday, May 13, 2011

I wish you knew...

You perceive me as selfish, conceited and spilling self love
My swagger is confusing, and I don't fit like a glove.
You don't get me because Im not a copy of you
and the topics that make me tick make you desire a clue.

You sit back from your seat of comfort and safety
and judge how I live, who I love, and who I am frankly.
I appologize that you don't understand how I am made
and I have worked long and hard to achieve a good grade.

Not many people get it, and I don't know how to convey
that these things that I live with are really hard to say.
The way I show  myself to this world may to you seem odd
and you may even judge it as a front, charade, or facade.

These qualities are not the definition of true integrity
but I am just working on surviving and trying to be me.
I pray every day that you would open your eyes and see
that I am not as bad as you make me out to be.

If you only knew that my heart breaks in the evening
and that my heart cries when I get caught up in my singing.
That I am dealing with demons that haunt me day and night
and there is no one, no thing, and no help in sight.

The fights that I battle and the race that I run
is surely not done for the hell of it or for fun.
To live to my fullest is my passion and goal
and I will not give up and go down the rabbit hole.

I am working on my stuff and its not on your time
I wish you could see that what I do is not a crime.
I am fully aware that your perception is your reality
and it is clear that my life seems to be an abnormality.

I am human, fallible, sometimes insecure but strong
the road of humanity involves the desire to belong.
Don't worry because I don't put myself up too high
you don't have to bring me down so I don't touch the sky.

The way I present my life to the wide world abroad
is the way I wish I could be without being a fraud.
My goal is to emulate the qualities I convey
and to make you proud of me till your dying day.

Please come along side me and learn who I am 
without making quick judgments with a superficial scan.
I am so much more than a shallow masquerade 
and that is due to God's image by who I am made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?...