Saturday, August 6, 2011

Outside Looking In

You stand at the window and witness me fall
and desire to help but you can't even call
looking in from the outside its a powerless place
and all you want is peace to reside in my space

My furniture is broken, previous ruin did it in
justifying the fear from the people looking in
The walls are in grave danger as wobbly they stand
and from outside, it appears that you have been banned.

The pain that you witness and the destruction you see
is a smidgen of what life is like when you have PTSD.
The house is a mess and there should be tape on the door
but your loved one lives there, laying helpless on the floor.

As you look through the glass at the deterioration and mess
your heart breaks because you just want me to be blessed
What you don't see however is the work that God planned
that He assures us that not one move is out of His scan.

The destruction and ruin that is seen from without
is the taking apart of a life that was filled with doubt
The Lord giveth and taketh many times in our life
even though this house rots, there is more than just strife.

He is beginning in me a new work and fruition
and part of it is a good ole fashioned home demolition
He didn't cause the terrible falls to occur in my house
but he values me way more than a simple field mouse.

He provides as I wake and as I lay down to sleep
and through my life it is His glorious word I keep.
He will make sure my house is leveled to the earth
as this new house for me is a brand new birth.

It is not simply made of earthly material and stones
but it is hand crafted by the Maker of all the unknowns.
My new house that He is building is safe and secure
the thoughts and heart that He adds are also quite pure.

The previous characteristics of my old house and home
are no longer the description of my new residence to own.
The nightmares, and scuffs and scratches galore
are nothing compared to my Lord who I love more.

The best safety and security you will now find within 
as the Lord my protector stands out front with a grin.
The demons that pursued me and kept my house haunted
are no longer welcome because these angels are wanted.

His wings are my protection and my great source of power
and without Him this mansion soon would be devoured.
I will keep Him at my doorstep so when you walk near
He will greet you with love and and your worries will disappear.

You are now invited into my home that is filled with His grace
because I have been given new life and a safe space.
My heart overflows with joy even through the storms
because the Love of Christ in my home shows up in many forms.

Please sit with me and dine as the blessings abound
and lets add as many loved ones so us they may surround.
Rebirth and new life are the themes to my travels
with Christ at my side surely nothing unravels.

<3


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Demolition can be really tough, but the final product makes it so worth it. Congrats on a clear understanding of what's happening and going to happen! Loving You, MooMah

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?...