Sunday, February 27, 2011

Maddening Thinking

I over analyze things and it makes me crazy.  I find something that I have done and instead of learning and moving on or giving myself credit for whatever I have accomplished, I break it down into little bitty pieces and scrutinize everything to the extreme.  Unfortunately, this drives some people nuts and pushes them away because they don't understand.  I wish I understood the peaceful mind, I would love to be able to just not think about something at all times, to not be constantly plagued by nagging and irritating thoughts of how I could be, do, think, speak, look, work, sing, or play better.  To be able to understand that death is not a prerequisite to a quiet mind.  


Even as I type I am thinking about what it would be like to have a peaceful mind, and immediately I start imagining all of the things I could think about and do if I weren't worried about other things.  I would love to sit here and analyze this with you, but I am going to let you take this as it is - raw, honest, irritating, and maddening. I wouldn't be passionate, determined, and me if I swung to the other extreme, so I will just work from where I am to get better each day....whatever that may entail.


You are Loved
Haley

1 comment:

What do YOU think?...