Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tears of Freedom

You broke me down and didn't even care
Used, abused, I sit here and stare
into space as I remember our full past
that flew by so terribly and painfully fast.

I wish you were human or even humane 
only you know that you gave me this pain
Your evil pops up in front of my face
those memories of which I refuse to embrace
Without expectation the hate and fear builds
It is then that I am forced to rely on my skills.


You reinforced ed to the utmost extreme
until inside only I could scream.
A pretty face and body that kills
was never enough so you turned to your pills
they may show you happiness or even a high, 
but that didn't help, but you refused to say bye
Instead you chose her and deceived your own wife
Till death do us part...not in this life.

After dust settles and you are alone in your room
I wonder if you ponder the extent of your doom.
My heart is light, don't worry about me
I have a life worth living called RECOVERY.
Without you I thrive and have light in my eyes
a pep in my step and no longer live lies.
I am free from control, no longer am scared
Everyone knew we were not that well paired.

Sad days may come and the sun may hide
but my worst day without you trumps the best at your side.
I am loved and encouraged and I stand on my own
with the knowledge that you will end up alone.
Your future is dismal and your 'love' is self serving,
I wish I had missed the boat even by swerving.
I get to move on, my heart not splayed
and you get to sleep in the bed that you made.

As for me, my heart will go on
I will grow, climb, overcome and be strong.
I am free while gladly sprinting towards the prize
which includes but is not limited to sparkling eyes
not from tears, but from gratitude galore
I am in love with my life once more.

~Haley~

6 comments:

  1. DAAAANG. Haley... this was incredible. Like... could be published. I'm so very proud of you. Best line - "but my worst day without you trumps the best at your side" - TRUTH. Fully your truth. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love you too, to the moon and back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Haley! I hope you will let me re-post it on Writing for Recovery? I'm hosting a poetry series for Eating Disorders Awareness Week; I'd love to include it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great writing, Haley! Gets to the soul. Doesn't that feel great?! <3 Is there anything more beautiful than restoration?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so blessed, I have been asked by a handful of people if they could repost this and I am ALWAYS okay with that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haley,

    Wow... trying breathtaking. Every line hits close to home, for I can tell where each of the lines comes from in your mind. Seriously, get this copyrighted! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! and thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?...