Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Growth and Movement

I don't think that you quite understand
this is definitely not the life I had planned
This road that I'm on took a scary left turn
and for some reason I got bruised and burned.

The dark hatred which lurks and lives in your heart
was not apparent and was masked from the start
I am at a fork in the road on this journey of mine
where I can stray toward you or stand firmly in line

I will admit that I have worked incredibly hard
forging through the obstacles even though scarred
My decisions have all been analyzed and corrected
and through the fire my life has grown respected

This story of my life is being recounted to many
and if filmed I believe could win a coveted emmy
 The life I live is not perfect or even quite close
but without human fault I could not honestly post.

The love that has been engraved on my heart
is now primed and ready for me to impart
I am on this earth and am prepared to run
and can give no credit except to the Son.

I need to let go of the past and run to the love
that holds my heart like a heavenly glove.
If you want you can ask about the joy in my eyes
and I will warmly smile and give you no lies.

I will be given chances to serve and to cherish
my passions are well balanced and will not perish
I believe we are called to love and not judge
and on my wants and needs I will no longer budge.

<3

1 comment:

What do YOU think?...