Sunday, April 24, 2011

No Longer Enslaved

All of the sudden and out of the blue,
the images come back reminding me of you.
Not pleasant thoughts or heartwarming things,
but pure pain and hurt and oh Lord it stings.

In the middle of the night, your abuse haunts me still,
and I wake up afterward with an eerie terror and chill.
I pray that the Lord would deliver me soon,
so I may sleep in peace and celebrate the moon.

Post traumatic stress disorder is no laughing matter,
and its not just the soldiers who's minds have been battered.
I have lived through my share of abuse and neglect,
and I am living proof that this mess can be checked.

Fear surrounds me when the flashbacks come on,
and I have to remind myself that I can stand strong.
As God as my witness I am going to proclaim,
that this valley I walk through will not be in vain.

My God is my fortress, and he will anoint,
and  regardless of this emotion, I will remain on point.
I was created to be beautiful, with no spirit of fear,
with humility and enormous faith I ask God to steer.

My life is not mine, rather a gift to live freely,
and I know that no person can attempt to be me.
You can't hurt me anymore, I am no longer enslaved,
With my Lord and my Savior I have surely been saved.

<3

2 comments:

  1. Freedom - a process of choices - one after another - consistently moving toward the desired effect. Choices to accept into yourself, choices to release from within yourself. Beautiful mind. MooMa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be about your xhusband. i could be wrong. Sorry if I am. It just reminds me of mine maybe. If anything, this is my xhusband, but it sounds like you are writing about your xhusband so that why I said it. I'm sorry honey that you feel this pain. That sucks. Glad you were able to feel this though because that means you can realease it throughly then. And let go. Thank God. And let it go. Whew.

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?...