Monday, April 11, 2011

Walk With Me

Major pet peeve:  
When someone witnesses a decision I make and comments with something along the lines of "Would you do that in church", or "That wasn't a very 'Christian' thing for you to do."


Let me clear this up.  I am a Christian...and that is because I am a sinner, not because I lack sin.  If I didn't need to be saved, why would I choose my faith??  We are all humans, fallible and imperfect; that especially includes Christians.  I go to church for inspiration and tips on how to live a better life, not to show everyone how 'perfect' and 'good' I am.  I don't go to church because I have to, but because it enriches my life and gives me a place to worship my God in the way I feel most comfortable (which is mainly singing).  


I believe we are called to love and not judge, so I try to live by that - to tell you the truth, I struggle more with loving and not judging myself than I do with anyone else.  


There is a saying: Don't try to remove the splinter in someone else's eye before you take the log out of your own.  I have too many problems that I am working on to worry about judging and trying to fix yours.  Unfortunately a lot of people of the same faith tend to be self-righteous and give the rest of us a bad name.  Really, I am just the same as anyone else, just human; I just happen to be passionate about my faith and about loving on the people around me.  


All I want is to have the people in my circle walk with me on this journey as I will with them.  No one needs a skeptical eye on them, life is too stressful in and of itself to attempt to judge everyone else's decisions.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?...